Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Late, aching, and blessed

Lord I come a little late and with an aching heart, but your goodness blesses me still in: 

My love pulling me close when I cry
The smell of pine trees
Sounds of bird songs accompanying a walk to the library
A muddy driveway, evidence of our melting "ice age"
Sharing our home and food with guests
Early morning exercising with a friend
Sentimental wedding photos
My love happy about reducing our energy consumption and the electric bill
Tea, toast, and yogurt for breakfast
A dreary day of rain rather than snow

3 comments:

  1. sounds of birds- such hope that spring really is coming! love your poetic list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting - I'm constantly amazed at the spiritual truths in nature - God is such a beautiful communicator. I love your list...and pray your aching heart is soothed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleanor - I didn't come from the link - just came by to read your words - and I found a thankful list - I heart thank you lists - my fave is the last one "A dreary day of rain rather than snow" - first because I kinda miss the snow already - but I'm ready for Spring - and second - because this means Spring :)

    God Bless and keep you and yours.

    ReplyDelete