Monday, February 14, 2011

Important


I fear insignificance  
Being forgotten, overlooked, unnoticed
I want to know I'm important
Days of solitude are wonderful 
Yet whisper inconsequential
I serve the necessities 
Believing the label, menial
I ache for greater purpose 
A larger impact
Willing to accept the wheel of motion 
Efforts to reassure myself

But I remain, 
A solitary housewife 
Loved.  
This really is enough.  
If I'll but accept it,
Subject myself to it
Join it on the cross of humility.

He is most important
With a mission of greatest priority.
I see His sacrifice
Committed to His Father's love
Relinquishing heaven
And living for a cross.
That I would do the same,
This is really important.

1 comment:

  1. yes, i see this importance so well spoken by your photo ~
    thank you for sharing with us ...

    ReplyDelete