Monday, November 1, 2010

Home Again

I travel by air, on land, through the web, and in books.  Yet home i frequent the most with my whole soul and body.  With every broadened horizon, my appreciation and awareness of how blessed I am, increases.  God is so good.
He gives me:

my love in a charcoal tee shirt paired with his 5 o'clock shadow, dark hair, twinkling chestnut eyes, and his constant gentleness (the list could stop here!)

landscapes infused with the last few fire red leaves against a backdrop of deep slate blue snow clouds, grass and golden branches and harvested crop remains

songs to sing along with at the top of my lungs

shopping in the vast variety offered by the dear USA

endless opportunity

a wood burning fireplace

forgiveness for my disobedience and selfishness

growing love for a new church family

warmth

the smell of decaying leaves

highways routed through blasted rock

love that can't hide

insight into His Word

prayer

a new heart

dreams

health

a reason to hope

beauty

food even when I don't know what to cook

#281-100


2 comments:

  1. I travel quite a bit...you captured the feeling of ariving home beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eleanor,
    You are such a talented writer and visual artist, but best of all you are lovely person. I am glad our paths crossed.

    Diane C

    ReplyDelete