Monday, August 9, 2010

The joy of counting blessings is knowing from who they come

Moving at a rapid pace these days.  Change is imminent, details are pressing.  My heart rides the heights and depths of emotion, and always finds it's centre and stability in the discipline of gratitude.

# 221 - 240
falling in love with our awaiting space
hearing words sung of my eternal destiny while preparing an earthly one
new colour on walls
dancing light illuminated on pine trunks
scattered light dropping across the table as we eat
the fresh newness of white
improvising while doing with less
first campfire on a sandy driveway
giving new life to a buffet in the enchanting back yard
sitting my love's side at the lakeside through dusk
beginnings of a gown
completion of a seating plan
revelations of new dimensions of truth
service of family
gifts from family and friends
knowing I am blessed
ladies on the porch glowing in the sunlight
flowers framing the faces of caring supporters
glimpses of the lives of shower guests
thoughtful interaction planned by mother to be



8 comments:

  1. "My heart rides the heights and depths of emotion, and always finds it's centre and stability in the discipline of gratitude."

    Amen, fellow Gratitude Giver; Amen to His glory :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog - beautiful blessings. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your title - He is definitely the joy in our counting, & this gratitude is a calming force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely list! Makes me want to slow down and count my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knowing we are blessed is the biggest blessing of all I think -- it changes our perspective and clears our vision to ALL of the gifts in front of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've gotten out of posting my 1,000 gifts. I need to keep going. Thank you for the beautiful encouragement!

    Stopping by to follow and say hello! Lovely blog you have!

    Love Your Sister In Christ,
    Traci

    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you list, Eleanor. Especially "beginnings of a gown." That one made me smile!

    And thank you again for your thoughtful comment and emails regarding my post the other day -- I have really enjoyed talking with you!

    ReplyDelete